Saturday, September 8, 2012

NEWS:COLLEGE SOCCER for UTPB 9-9

UTPB's Andrew Enriquez may have been one of the smallest players on the field Saturday, however the 5-foot-6 midfielder offered the biggest play from the game amongst the Falcons and McMurry.

Enriquez soared above a scrum of players in front
in the net and flicked the ball with his head to score within the 41st minute,Barcelona Jersey which held up at Falcon Field for UTPB's 1-0 victory ?a its initial in the season.

"When I jump
in the air I know I'm not the tallest guy," Enriquez stated, "but I believed flicking it was the very best option. It was a quick decision due to the fact I didn't know what type of a bounce the ball would take if I let it drop."

The Falcons (1-1) earned the scoring
opportunity when midfielder Javier De Leon, who was operating up the left side with the field with all the ball,Real Madrid Jersey stated he saw Enriquez make a run toward the aim.

"The defense was
within a straight line and Andrew was operating for the middle," De Leon said. "I passed the ball to him and I thought he was going to control it and set a thing up. I didn't anticipate him to head the ball."

Enriquez
mentioned the header was a split-second choice

McMurry goalkeeper Neil O'Sullivan
produced a diving attempt to cut off the cross but Enriquez beat him towards the ball.

"When
it really is one-on-one with the keeper,Manchester United Jersey it really is all about outsmarting him," Enriquez mentioned. "He expected a low ball because he saw my height. Flicking it more than his head caught him off-guard, I guess."

UTPB head coach Dennis Peterson
mentioned he implored his players to "finish" during his squad's pre-game warmups. The Falcons heeded their soccer coach's words, taking an 18-14 shot advantage for the game, which resulted in 4 shots on goal.

"Watching the game, I felt we had
a couple of possibilities to score a couple of far more goals," Peterson said. "I was proud of how the guys fought."

No comments:

Post a Comment